First of all- Happy June! Seriously- how are we in the 6th month of the year already? I feel like this year has flown so quickly- yikes! I wish it would slow down a bit!
Well, this training cycle has been a short(er) one, but I can’t believe that it’s almost over! The next time I post a training recap, my race will be over. EEK! This week was pretty solid on the fitness front, but tapering didn’t quite happen the way that I wanted it to. I cut down on running but increased walking mileage, which I will force myself to decrease next week too. I seriously need to buckle down a bit more to let my legs rest up! Here’s how the week looked:
- Friday (5/23): .5 mile walk, 30 minute strength training (arms)
- Saturday: 4.5 mile walk
- Sunday: 3.6 mile run (5k Memorial Day Race plus an extra .5 cooldown), .75 mi walk
- Monday: 3.5 mile walk, 20 minutes core/abs
- Tuesday: 21.5 mile bike, 2.25 mile walk
- Wednesday: 20 minutes pilates (while teaching), strength training (arms)
- Thursday: REST
So, there you have it! I got in an extra lifting session this week, which was nice! Now that my brother isn’t here anymore, I’m left to lifting on my own. I’m trying to keep up the intensity I lifted at with him, and am trying not to take a break from it. I know if I stop I won’t pick it back up in the same way since he isn’t here.
Now it’s your turn to share! Do you lift? If so- do you do it by yourself, with others, or by following a pre-written plan?
Looking for more ways to connect?