Last week Mommy Got Fit! nominated me for a Liebster Award, and I thought it would be a great opportunity for you all to get to know me just a bit better. Here are the rules of this award:
- you must link back to the person who nominated you
- you must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you
- you must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award
- you must create 10 questions for your nominees
- you must notify your nominees
Here are the questions that were given to me:
- What personal moment are you most proud of (athletic or not)? The day I graduated with my master’s was HUGE for me because I put so much of myself into the process of becoming a counselor. Crossing the line of my first half marathon was pretty fantastic too, as it was something I truly thought would never be something I would do. I was teary eyed from mile 11ish on, and as soon as I crossed the finish line I burst out crying. I was pretty happy and relieved that I could actually do it!
- What is your biggest goal to reach? I plan on getting a doctorate degree (I have my master’s right now), so that’ll be a big goal to reach! I would also really love to do a century bike race and a half ironman!
- What is your favorite type of workout? I really struggle with this question because I don’t really have a favorite. The workouts I enjoy the most are running, biking, walking, pilates, and barre workouts. They are each my “favorite” for different reasons and in different ways, and each of them provide me great things.
- What motivates you to take on new challenges? I love growing, changing, and trying new things in my life. Challenging myself is a way to push myself and prove that I am stronger. (I wrote more about this while talking about why I run…)
- What has been the biggest challenge you have to overcome? There have been so many challenges to overcome. One very big challenge that I deal with on a daily basis is my diagnosis of Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It makes daily living pretty tough, but I’ve learned many great lessons from it as well.
- What is your most favorite total indulgent meal or dessert (feel free to share a recipe!)? Oh so many things to say… I make root beer float cupcakes quite a few times a year, and I really love them. One of my favorite meals overall is a gyros with meat shaved right off the spit, homemade tzatziki, greek salad, and fresh baklava- amazing! If I can eat it in Greece while looking at the Parthenon, I’m even happier 🙂
- What time of day is your favorite time to work out? I enjoy working out in the morning, and going on walks in the afternoon. I teach pilates and barre classes at 6 am, so I’ve finally gotten used to being energetic and moving early in the morning! I try not to work out much past about 6 pm.
- Wine, beer, or mixed drinks? Any of them depending on my mood! I don’t drink too often, but I’ll often drink a beer if I drink anything at home (I can drink a small amount without having an open bottle of anything)- I don’t even usually drink a full beer when I have one (having POTS makes me an extra light weight)
- Would you/have you ever dress/ed up for a theme race? I never have but I definitely would! That sounds like fun!
- What is your go to healthy meal? I really love my “hearty fall soup” recipe and my mediterranean quinoa salad recipe!
- What is your dream race? I would absolutely love to run a race in Athens, Greece. I’ve been there 3 times, and it’s one of my favorite places. I’d love to run a race there!
My nominees are: Girl In A Red Sundress, Just A One Girl Revolution, Perfection Isn’t Happy, Katie Morse, Run With Perseverance, Glitter & Dust, Back At Square Zero, Run Pretty, Fitness & Frozen Grapes, Licorice & Olives, The Trendy Trainer
Here are my questions for you!
- What is one way you work on your mental health that leads you to being an overall healthier person?
- What’s your favorite race that you’ve run (and/or what is your dream race)?
- What’s one type of exercise you’d love to try but haven’t gotten to try yet?
- What’s one thing that you really love about yourself?
- What is one of your happiest memories?
- If you could do one thing and money was absolutely no issue, what would it be?
- What is one of the most important lessons that you’ve learned so far in your life?
- One thing I’m committing to work on in my life right now is _____ (fill in the blank).
- One thing I’m looking forward to this summer is ______ (fill in the blank).
- What’s one of your favorite quick, easy, and healthy meals?
- (Bonus)- What’s one random fact about your life?
Feel free to join in even if I didn’t nominate you!
Now it’s your turn to share! Answer one of the questions in the comment section!
Looking for more ways to connect?