Happy March, and another week of training is done! I can tell that my mileage has increased, as my body has been a bit more achy than usual. I’ve definitely used my foam roller, Stick, and tennis ball most days this week. I did a lifting workout this week with my brother, and as we were doing it he laughed and told me I wouldn’t be able to move my arms the next day. He wasn’t joking. It hurt so bad I seriously considered not even drinking my coffee the next day, and my arm would shake just holding my coffee. So… that means I’ll be doing that arm series again, because clearly I need it. Here’s how the week looked:
- Saturday (2/22): REST (my grandpa’s funeral)
- Sunday: 6.2 mile run
- Monday: 1 hour strength training (arms)
- Tuesday: 20 minutes pilates barre
- Wednesday: 20 mile bikeride
- Thursday: teach pilates (maybe about 10 mins of activity here)- mostly a “rest” day
- Friday: 40 mins strength training (arms), 1.75 mile walk
So that’s how the week is going. My IT bands tend to start getting quite a bit more fussy once I pass the 6 mile mark in training, so we’ll see how it goes. They were just fine on the 6.2 mile run. I missed my hour of pilates the day after my long run since I had to run on Sunday instead of Saturday, and I’m definitely feeling that today. I definitely need more pilates next week!
Now it’s your turn to share! Did you try any new workouts this past week?