Week 5 already!! How could that even be?! This past weekend we got yet another snow storm, followed by a few chilly days. This is certainly not an ideal winter to be training for a race, but I’m making due with what I have. Here’s how the week looked:
- Saturday (2/8): 4.6 mile run
- Sunday: 45 mins pilates, 2.5 mile walk
- Monday: 35-40 minutes lifting (arms)
- Tuesday: barre class (I did about 20 minutes)
- Wednesday: 26.0 mile bike ride
- Thursday: 30 minutes pilates (10 while teaching, 20 on my own), 1.75 mile walk in the sunshine!!
- Friday: REST
All this pilates is feeling really wonderful, and definitely helps to stretch me out. It was especially nice on Thursday following me 26 mile bike trainer ride. I’m switching up my planks again. I got a bit too complacent in the 2:30 planks I would do each time I would do planks, so now I’m varying it to add up to 3:15 or 3:45 throughout the day. My body has adjusted really well and quickly to this, which has been great!
Now it’s your turn to share! What’s your favorite way to stretch out after a long run or ride?