Back on March 30th, I got an exciting email from Tina from Best Body Fitness with the following subject line: “You won the Best Body Bootcamp Giveaway!” I had previously thought about joining best body bootcamp after I heard great things from the start of round one, but hadn’t signed up in previous rounds because I was a little afraid (to be honest). Winning the free entry was the kick I needed to start on my strength training journey! In mid-April I posted some initial thoughts on best body bootcamp weeks 1 and 2, and I was already really loving it. Now that bootcamp has been done for a few weeks and I’ve had time to process, I thought I would do a follow up post. Here are some thoughts:
- I definitely got much more comfortable with lifting and strength training. I’m still a bit intimidated to go into the weights area, but I feel confident in what I’m doing! I know how to do so many exercises with proper form now, so I’m FAR less intimidated now than I was at the beginning of April! (that confidence alone is worth the money!)
- I noticed a big difference in my muscle definition over the course of the 8 weeks. I thought I’d notice something, but what I noticed was vastly more than I thought I would! In fact, some family members and friends have even commented on how much more muscle definition and strength I seem to have.
- Best Body Bootcamp was laid out really well, and that made following the work out plan pretty easy! I especially loved doing it in the mornings before work in my living room!
- Best Body Bootcamp was perfect to compliment half marathon training!
- I think Best Body boot camp contributed to me finishing my half marathon in May. I even talked about it in my lessons learned post after my half. With cramping legs for the last few miles of the race, I used the strength I’d developed in my core and arms to run those last miles. Best Body Bootcamp came at the perfect time for me!
- There were three strength training workouts a week (plus ideas for cardio training!), and I plan to continue to use these workouts throughout the summer! I loved them.
While I didn’t have to pay for this past round of Best Body Bootcamp, I am very confident in saying that it would still be WELL WORTH THE MONEY! I didn’t sign up for this summer round because I’m traveling too much, but I definitely plan on signing up again in the fall (if there’s a round then, that is!). Participating in Best Body Bootcamp allowed me to not only get more comfortable with strength training, but also showed me how incredibly important strength training is, not only for our overall health, but also for running and triathlon training! Registration for the next round of Best Body Bootcamp is open, and you can find out more details here.
Now it’s your turn to share! Have you ever done a round of Best Body Bootcamp? Do you do any form of strength training regularly?