A few weeks ago I announced that I would be participating in my 2nd sprint triathlon. I’m only officially training for a few weeks, but please don’t think I’m starting from scratch. I’ve biked and ran all winter, ran my 3rd half marathon a month ago, and have been cross training a lot since then. So, while I haven’t been in official training, I’ve been in good shape (I hope!). This week was fun as it was the first time in months that I did all 3 sports in the same week, I got to do a new to me fitness class, and did my first two brick workouts! Here’s what the week looked like:
- Sunday: 1 hour pilates
- Monday: 0.5 mile walk, 1 hour weight lifting
- Tuesday: 1 hour pilates, 2 mile run
- Wednesday: 8.5 mile bike, 0.5 mile swim (BRICK)
- Thursday: 1 hour pilates barre class (loved it!)
- Friday: 8.5 mile bike, 1.75 mile run
- Saturday: REST!
This week was lots of fun, and I had a fun balance of activities. Both of my bricks were really good, and I was able to push myself hard and felt great at the end of them. It’s really fun to get back into bricks again!