Most of the time, march is a month that hardly seems to exist for me. It usually rushes by in quite a haze, a month that bridges winter and spring. Like I said, March tends to fly by in the blink of an eye, so at the end of the month I’m usually pretty surprised that anything has happened at all. Here’s how the month looked:
- I continued training for my half marathon with Weeks 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
- I talked a LOT about boundaries in different forms: Introducing Boundaries, Influence vs. Ownership, Respecting the No, and Health Attracting Health, Owning Our Reactions
- I talked a lot about food! I talked about how I conquered the artichoke, a great Pear French Toast recipe I dreamed up on a long run, I cooked my very first quiche, became obsessed with spicy turkey burgers, and ate lots of fresh protein veggie salads
- I talked about one of my major “healthy living patterns”- the weekend meal prep! It’s a huge time saver!
- I blogged about my first 10k race!
- I continued to discuss POTS and how it affected my ability to exercise when I was first diagnosed.
- I opened up about my favorite spring break trip ever (to the DR!)
- I went on a great trip to Florida (which will be posted about in April!)
We’re now a quarter of the way through the year so it’s interesting to see how “on track” things are:
- So far I’ve run 42.5 out of 250 miles
- I’ve walked 97 of 500 miles
- I’ve biked 50.2 of 300 miles
- I haven’t swam at all since January and am still at 1/2 a mile for the year
- I’ve done 72.5 minutes of planks (out of 250 minutes)
- I’ve gone through about half the clothes I own (but nothing since February)
- I’ve finished 4 races so far this year
- I completed my first book of the year and have started my second (oops- so behind in this one!)
Well, I’d call March a success, even if it was a crazy month that seemed to fly by. I fell into a rhythm with cooking and exercising, and both were really fun and enjoyable for me!
Now it’s your turn to share! What was your favorite thing about March? If you wrote goals for the year, how are you doing? What are you most looking forward to in April?