Today felt like a great day for a Friends reference!
I’ve never made a quiche before. In fact, until I recently stumbled across lactose free cheese (Cabot Cheddar Cheese and Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese), I wouldn’t have ever considered making one. One day last weekend, my friend (the one I walk with) stated that she was in the mood for a quiche, and we set out to make one on Monday evening. With a few easy substitutions, we created a delicious lactose free quiche!
- 1 pre-made crust (we went the easy route because of time constraints)
- 1 8 oz container of plain greek yogurt
- 1 container pico de gallo
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup olives, cut into small pieces
- 1/3 cup onion, cut into small pieces (any type)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (1 cup Kraft cheddar, 1 cup Cabot cheddar)
- 3 eggs
- black pepper
Here’s what I did:
Layer the cheese, mushrooms, olives, and onions in the crust. Feel free to add other ingredients if you’d like! In a separate bowl, whisk 3 eggs together and then add in the container of plain greek yogurt. Dump the mixture on top of the cheese and veggies and spread evenly. Top with black pepper (or other spices you might want). Cook at 425 degrees for approximately 30 minutes (somewhere between 25 and 35 minutes). Check that it is cooked through before removing from the oven.
Once removing from the oven, top with pico de gallo and enjoy!
This quiche was amazing and held up really well when it was reheated the next day! The pico on top added some other flavors to the quiche, and I loved the two paired together!
Now it’s your turn to share! Have you ever made quiche before? What are your favorite foods to pair with eggs?