Happy March! Normally I’m overwhelmingly excited for March to hit because it means I “survived the winter”. However, my attitude has changed a bit towards winter (and our winter wasn’t too bad), so I actually wish I had a little more time before the crazy that is the spring hits. Either way, I’m glad that I’m choosing to not hate the winter so much anymore. Here are some highlights from the month.
- At the start of the month I announced that I’m training for my next half marathon! This month saw Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, and Week 4 of training.
- I wrote a few mental health posts this month, including dealing with seasonal affective disorder, Loving Yourself, talking about The Presence of the Positives, and Everybody Knows Somebody.
- This month was another great month of cooking, and I tried a number of new recipes. I shared a few of them here: Greek Veggie Protein Wrap, Cherry Vanilla Cupcakes, Cherry Vanilla Waffles, Heart Shaped Gingerbread Cookies, and Hearty Lentil and Vegetable Soup. Lots of Valentine’s Day themed recipes, but I think they work throughout the spring and summer too!
- I shared some food staples I always keep on hand that help me create some delicious and healthy meals without much thought.
- I ran my first two races of 2013: Tackle The Miles 5k and the Sweet Cupcake 5k.
- I finally opened up and started to talk about POTS on the blog. Check out my introduction to POTS and The Start of My Journey.
Here’s a check in for my 13 in 2013 challenge:
- I’ve run 18.5 of 250 miles for the year
- I’ve walked 52.4 of 500 miles for the year
- I’ve biked 27.7 out of 300 miles for the year
- I’ve swam 0.5 of 15 miles for the year
- I’ve done 38 of 250 minutes of planks for the year
- This month I went through just over half the clothes I own, and got a box of stuff to give away!
- I wrote another paragraph and a half on the article I’ve been in the process of writing (it’s been a slow process)
- I’ve run 2 out of the 13 races for the year (and have 3 more that I’ve signed up for)
- I’m still in the process of reading my first book of 2013 (I actually forgot until I typed this up that I even had reading on my goals for the year. Oops).
- I’m really trying to stay present as much as I can. I’ve caught myself starting to think about countdowns a few times, and simply left it being excited about the future and enjoying where I’m at.
So, things are slowly happening. Really, being sick in January has slowed down the progress I’ve made on all my fitness goals. However, I am actually making progress, and it’s been really good for me to put these challenges out on this blog so that I think more often about them!
Now it’s your turn to share! What’s one of your favorite posts from February (link up below if you’d like!)? How are your goals or intentions for 2013 going?