Somehow January passed and I sort of feel like the month didn’t really exist (I’m not sure why though). The fact that I was sick for a week and a half of the month probably contributed to some of that. But, the month wasn’t a total loss by any means. Here’s what the month looked like:
- I shared about the importance of tracking your behavior before you change it. This might be a good time to look back at the post and readjust some of your New Years Resolutions…
- I shared a few new recipes: Root Beer Float Cupcakes (AMAZING!), Homemade Lactose Free Pizza, Maple Glazed Parsnips, Carrots, & Sweet Potato, and a Veggie and Bean Rice Dish.
- I shared a few mental health posts this month: On Being Present, Viewing Yourself As An Investment, and Acknowledging Your Hurt.
- I shared a few tips about how I personally find the time to exercise.
- I finally started my series on my “journey to running”
- Maybe the biggest thing: I shared my 13 challenges for 2013
An Update on my 13 challenges for 2013:
- The fitness related ones haven’t had too terribly much progress with being sick in the middle of the month.
- Going through my clothes: Not a single article of clothing has been cleared out of my closet yet.
- Typing up letters from war: CHECK! I finished typing up the letters from war, but now I need to type up the letters from the months of training leading to my grandpa heading to war.
- I’m really working on being present. I notice myself looking forward to things in the future, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, I try to pull myself back to the present. I try to slow down and watch the sunrise and sunset, take a few deep breaths outside instead of complaining about the cold, etc…
Now it’s your turn to share! What was your biggest accomplishment in January? What are you most looking forward to in February?