A few months ago I noticed a new hashtag on twitter- #sweatpink. After doing some research, I found out about these awesome group of people on their website, FitApproach! Sweat Pink is a healthy living community, and highlights the idea that we can be girly and at the same time still be strong, healthy people! Just because I love throwing on a great pair of heels and a pearl necklace doesn’t mean that I also can’t love my tennis shoes and kick it hard on the race course! It’s been a journey to balance my girly girl and fitness girl selves, and I think I’m doing it pretty well!
I think that being part of a community of people is a critical step to being a healthy individual, and we can all use a bit of support on our journey. That’s what I love about Sweat Pink! This is a great group of people supporting one another and learning from one another on our fitness and healthy living journeys!
I’m happy to announce that I was asked to become a Sweat Pink Ambassador, and I’m really excited! I’m happy to be a part of a healthy living organization, and the fact that it includes the color pink doesn’t hurt at all!
For those of you who are knew to my blog and coming from the Sweat Pink hashtag or website: Welcome! It’s great to meet you! Here’s a bit about myself:
- Here’s a bit About Me!
- I’m not a huge fan of working out in the morning, but I do try to do it once every week or two to keep my body used to running in the morning- this helps me prepare for race day. Here are some of my tips for making it easier to work out in the morning!
- I believe that fighting against the voice in your head that says you can’t do something is important!
- I ran my first half marathon in May!
- I got to be a fitness model this summer, and I had a blast doing it!
- I announced that I was training for my first triathlon in June!
- After over 10 years of being off my bike, I finally got back on my bike and conquered my fears: Part 1 and Part 2 of my story of biking here!
- I love history and spent this summer typing up my grandpa’s autobiography and the letters he wrote home during World War II!
- I finished my first triathlon and I had a blast!
- I announced that I am now training for my 2nd half marathon.
- I have POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). Most people know nothing of this medical condition, and it very much affects my training. I’m out to prove that POTS doesn’t have to mean you can’t be healthy and work out!
- I’m lactose intolerant so I try to share lactose free recipes on the blog from time to time!
And that’s a bit about me! Please say hi and share a bit about yourself! I’d love to connect with some of the other Ambassadors out there:)