This month flew by and I didn’t even have too much time to post. Oops. But I was enjoying life so it’s fine:) Now that it’s June (SUMMER!), it’s time to post my recap from the last month. May was a huge month for me, and I hit a major goal and milestone: my first half marathon!
Here’s a glimpse of the month:
- I attended my first expo for a race.
- I RAN MY FIRST HALF MARATHON!!
- I fought against the voice that said I couldn’t do it.
- I drove across half of the country twice and had a great time doing it!
- I figured out what does and doesn’t help in helping me recover from a race.
- I continued to drink enough (at least 64 oz a day) despite all the traveling I did. I can tell a big difference when I have enough to drink. Hydration has been great.
- I hiked around Garden of the Gods and Red Rock Canyon a few times and got a great work out! I love when exercise and fun mix together.
- I attended a graduation at the Air Force Academy. It gave my goosebumps.
- I did 1 plank this month. That’s it. But it’s 1 plank more than I did in April. I need to get back on that again…
- Sleep has been all over the place. Traveling does that to you. Overall I’m feeling pretty rested still though.
- I took 1 spin class at the end of the month and had a great time!
- I’m doing pilates again and loving it.
- I cooked a few new recipes that will be coming your way!
A few of my goals for the month of June:
- hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! 65-70 ounces a day, more if exercising a lot or out in the sun more then an hour or two.
- Present at a conference!
- Start training for my next race (info on that coming soon!)
- Start getting into a regular routine of planks again
Now it’s your turn to share! What stands out to you as a high for the month of May? What are you looking forward to in June?