Happy May! April started out with a bang, and has gotten increasingly busier since that time. I feel like I get quite a bit done in the winter months, but April tends to include quite a bit of travel for me, so not many extra things get done from my “to do” list.
Here’s a glimpse of the month:
- I ran 10 miles, making that my longest run to date! It felt fantastic and I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed a run as much as that run. I loved it:)
- I went to sports medicine, and finally got some answers about what may be causing my shin splints.
- I made it through Weeks 13- 17 of training: Week 13, Week 14, Week 15, Week 16, and Week 17.
- I made my come back to running with a 5k race on Easter weekend.
- I’ve kept up my water consumption this month, drinking 60-75 ounces each day. It feels great!
- I went to New York City for the first time and loved it (and still need to do a few posts on this!). I can’t wait to go back!
- I decided to try a new “holiday themed” type of oatmeal: Easter Oatmeal!
- I didn’t do a single plank. oops. I hadn’t set any goals for this, but I thought I might do a little bit throughout the month. Turns out I really needed a break for them.
- I read the entire Hunger Games series and saw the movie in a span of 50ish hours. It was fantastic!
- I tried chia seeds for the first time, and am enjoying for finding new uses for them in my daily food consumption.
- I’ve developed a bit of a pattern for working out in the mornings
- Sleep wasn’t nearly as consistent as it was in February, mostly because traveling makes that pretty difficult.
April has been the month of travel and of working out, so I haven’t had much other free time for anything else. Looking forward to may, my big goals are to finish my first half marathon (indy- the first week of may!), and to close out this school year with my clients in a strong way. Even though I’m not in school anymore, I still get a little excited (and sad too) about the end of the school year!
Now it’s your turn to share! What stands out to you when you think back through the month of April? What are you looking forward to in May?