Happy Leap Year Day! Are you doing anything fun to celebrate?
I think this every month, but I really can’t believe how fast this month has gone by. Normally February drags by painfully slowly for me; The days are short, it’s rarely sunny, and it’s cold and icy. However, this year February has been the complete opposite! It’s been more sunny then gray, it’s been fairly warm, and we’ve had almost no snow or ice.
Here are some of the exciting things that February brought in my life:
- I set a new personal distance record when I ran 6 miles at the beginning of the month.
- I thought I was getting shin splints, and dropped my mileage for a week before quitting running all together.
- I made it through Weeks 5-8 of training: Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, and Week 8
- I celebrated Valentine’s Day by doing lots of activities that I love
- I was given a great box of delicious Valentine’s Treats
- I made some absolutely delicious (although not completely nutritious) Valentine’s Day Oatmeal
- I gave up running for the rest of the month (due to shin splints) and came up with a new training plan
- I’ve finally gotten my ice baths down to a science, and they are finally a tolerable experience. I shared my tips for taking an ice bath here.
- I did a step-by-step post on how to easily deseed a pomegranate. Try it! Pomegranate seeds are delicious!
- I shared my Blueberry Pomegranate Oatmeal
- I managed to drink over 60 ounces of water for all but 1 day this month! This is huge progress for me.
- I completed my February plank challenge of doing 45-50 minutes of planks for the month. Total minutes of planks for the month was 46:45 (not including the 29th)
- I got between 7.5 and 8 hours of sleep at least 5 nights a week, and rarely felt tired this month.
- I got to visit with my family one weekend!
- I survived a week of having very little voice as I battled a cold.
- I had a “Friendsgiving dinner” one weekend & a little party for the Academy Awards another weekend
- I got to lecture a few times this month, which I absolutely loved getting to do!
Here are a few of my goals for March:
- Continue drinking 65-75 ounces of liquid each day, depending on exercise
- Continue to sleep 7.5-8 hours each night, most nights of the week
- Cross training at least 2-3 times a week until I can get back into running
- Start running once again towards the second part of the month
- Continue to stretch 4-5 times a week
- Do 50-60 minutes of planks this month
- Enjoy Spring Break!
March is always the turn around point where moments of spring start to hit. Even though this winter hasn’t been bad at all, I’m still excited for spring!
Now it’s your turn to share! What are some of your accomplishments for the month of February? What are your goals for March?