Wow- January flew by really quickly this year! Does it feel like it went quickly for anyone else? January has been a great month of getting organized and checking a lot of items that have accumulated over the last few months on my “to do list”. It was also an exciting month as I took a few new steps of wellness in my life, and had a few new experiences.
- At the beginning of the month I made an exciting new announcement!
- I started making Green Monster smoothies
- I watched the Olympic trials for the first time
- I spent many hours each weekend cleaning and de-cluttering my life. It feels so great and my house feels lighter.
- I tried the Melting Pot for the first time, and enjoyed a 3 hour dining experience.
- I found a great deal on Chobani and went a little crazy with 33 containers of it! It’s delicious, healthy, and I have no self-control when it comes to it:)
- I made it through my first four weeks of half marathon training: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, & Week 4
- I’ve been very intentional about hydrating, and have made my goal of 65-75 ounces each day, but have usually consumed more then that!
- I’ve gotten between 7.5 and 8.5 hours of sleep each night, and I feel much more energetic throughout the day.
- I had a great experience doing speed work while running through an airport (recap of that run coming soon!)
- And of course many more little joys in life
Overall I’m really happy with the way that January has gone and the goals that I have met.
A few goals for February:
- Continue with my 65-75 ounces of fluid each day
- Continue to sleep about 8 hours each night
- Complete my part of a paper that I’m publishing
- Complete the next few weeks of my half marathon training well and without injury
- Enjoy a fun weekend with my parents and brother
- Continue to clean out the spare bedroom and organize all the articles I’ve saved
- Read at least one book this month
- Continue to stretch 4-5 times each week
- Do 45-50 minutes of planks this month
I’m excited for this next month ahead!
Now it’s your turn to share: Did you meet your January goals? What was one exciting thing that you accomplished these past 31 days? Do you have any goals for the next month?